Isn’t there a line from an Anime that just suck in your head because you love it?
In movies and TV dramas, lines like villain’s last word, main character’s catchphrases or a simple a punch line always catches attention. These kinda of lines also exist in Anime.
Not long ago the thread “Write your favorite Anime lines!” was open on a major Japanese web forum. Coming from more of a senior member of the Anime world, I look at it as “Who can come up with more classy lines?” But after reading into it it turn out to be somewhat different from what I had in mind, there are actually more of the new lines from the more recent Anime than the classics. I am happy for this new generation of Anime viewers, but also somewhat sentimental about it.
So here are some of the lines from the thread “Write your favorite Anime lines!” hand picked from our admins.
- If you’re unhappy with the society change it yourself. If you don’t want to do that then shut your trap and be an outcast. – Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society
- Remember this, the universe is not big enough for the two creature to coexist. – MACROSS Frontier
- How many times do I have to say this
You can’t change the past
Give up already
Because future…the future can be change… - Black Jack
- Only those who are ready to be shoot at can shoot at others. – Code Geass： Lelouch of the Rebellion
- Most problems can be resolve in your head while drinking a cup of coffee
But it’s up to you to take action. – After War Gundam X
- “Don’t go off wondering around, go straight home”
“Sometimes it’s good to wonder around”
“I guess that’s true”
“Indeed it is” – Kanon
- Impossible. That kid won’t stop killing. If someone was kind to them, they could have went to school, make friends and live happily ever after…but it didn’t turn out that way, Rock. So this conversation is over. – BLACK LAGOON The Second Barrage.
- If someone tell you it’s wrong to have hope
I will tell them that’s wrong no matter what
And I will stand by it forever. – Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Listen up kiddo
When you’re feeling down look up.
cause you can’t find hope looking down. – ＺＥＴＭＡＮ
- Sometimes men will press on even if the path is dangerous and death await them.
They will fight even though they know they will lose. – Space Pirate Captain Herlock
- I can pick up a dropped wallet, but I can’t pick you up if you drop dead. – Medaka Box
- Don’t cry. I haven’t bet enough for you to cry
Just regret is fine. – Chihayafuru
- “I thought ghost doesn’t sleep”
“We don’t sleep. We just lie down next to you” – Dusk maiden of Amnesia
- The game is over when we gave up on it. – SLAM DUNK
- I am not throwing my life away, I’m just going to check if I’m alive. – Cowboy Bebop
- I know human being is a very boring race
But sometimes, they can be very fun. – Binbō-gami ga!
- Being perverted is men’s sin
Women’s sin is not forgiving man’s. – Ninja Nonsense: The Legend of Shinobu
- What are you fighting with?
Finding the reason it’s impossible to do, only you would forgive yourself
Nobody else would understand. – TOTAL ECLIPSE
- I like kindness, and I like warmth.
Adn that’s why I like people. – Natsume’s Book of Friends
- Embarrassing line is restricted! - Aria
Now I haven’t had the chance to view the newer Anime, so most of the lines are new to me. However this encourage myself to explore the more recent Anime. Just imagining how a line would fit into a certain scene in the Anime…the excitement!
With that in mind, here is the admin’s favorite line, and also a famous line in Japan’s Anime and Manga fans:
- Don’t start working hard tomorrow…today…start today…!
For those who work hard today…only for those who starts today…then tomorrow will come to them…! -Gyakkyō Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor